The Vice-Chancellor's role is to lead the University, and to help to direct and achieve the University’s strategic goals. The Vice-Chancellor also chairs the University Senate, sits on the University Council, is responsible for securing sufficient funding, and represents the University externally.
Vice-Chancellor: Professor Sir Christopher Snowden, FRS, FREng, FIET, FIEEE, FCGI.
Sir Christopher Snowden is a distinguished engineer, academic and businessman. Sir Christopher has wide experience in the microwave and semiconductor industry and was knighted in 2012 for services to Engineering and Higher Education. He was formerly President and Vice-Chancellor of the University of Surrey and before that Chief Executive Officer of Filtronic ICS.
- Member of the Prime Minister’s advisory Council for Science and Technology
- Fellow of the Royal Society.
- Fellow and former Vice-President of the Royal Academy of Engineering
- Fellow of the Institute of Engineering and Technology (IET) and was President from 2009-10
- Member of the Council for Industry and Higher Education
- President of Universities UK (UUK) (2013-15)
Contact the Vice-Chancellor by getting in touch with Office Manager and Executive Assistant Delia Edwards. Tel: +44 (0)23 8059 4690 or email: Delia.Edwards@southampton.ac.uk.How the University is run
Learn about how the University is run, and who helps to make the most important decisions about our strategy