University Council – supporting and guiding the University of Southampton
The Council has a key role to play in stewardship of the University, guiding the strategy and providing challenge to the Management Team. They are also ambassadors of the University helping the educational and research activities to be world renowned.
Here you can find information about the current members of the Council. The Council is made up of 5 different classes of membership:
- Class 1: Officers (5 Positions - Chair, Vice-Chair, Treasurer, Vice-Chancellor and Provost & Deputy Vice-Chancellor)
- Class 2: Members Appointed by the Council (8 External Members)
- Class 3: Members Appointed by the Senate (3 Academics of the University)
- Class 4: Member of the Non-Teaching Staff (1 member)
- Class 5: Representative of the Students’ Union (1 Member, usually the Union President)
To view the Statement of the Council’s Primary Responsibilities and delegated and related matters 2014-15, click here.
Meet the members
Find out about the individual members of the University Council