iSolutions provides computing and IT (information technology) facilities for all staff and students at the University, for example:
One contact, one solution -
- advice and support by phone or email through our ServiceLine helpline;
- computing accounts for students and staff, giving access to a range of features;
- visitor or conference accounts may be available for temporary access;
- each member of the University has a personal email address;
- calendar and diary features using Microsoft Outlook for many users;
- secure personal storage space for work files;
- software downloads - a range of software to install on personal computers;
- security protection measures - anti-virus software, and spam/virus filters;
- telephone services including voicemail;
- teaching spaces (lecture theatres and seminar rooms) and related services;
- the University’s connections to regional, UK and international networks.
Services on the campuses
Around 1800 PC workstations are provided across the University’s campuses, for checking email or the web, working on documents, or using printers, scanners, or CDs/DVDs.
iSolutions provides office computers and printers for many staff and some postgraduates.
Extensive wired and wireless internet access is available in many locations on campus, including the University Library and the Students’ Union.
Students and staff can quickly check email or look at the web at one of the iSolutions internet cafés provided in many key locations - foyers, concourses or refectories.
Off-campus services including halls of residence
Study bedrooms in most halls of residence have high-speed internet points.
Each study bedroom has a phone, including voicemail, provided through Move Networks.
Secure access via VPN (virtual private networking) is available, enabling use of personal filestore and e-resources while off campus, from home or on the move.
Some services are provided for particular groups: prospective students and visitors;
undergraduate and postgraduate students; academic staff and researchers; and Professional Services’ staff.
Enquiries should be made initially via the ServiceLine (email email@example.com, phone 023 8059 5656 or internal extension 25656).