A placement or internship is an excellent way to help you to stand out from the crowd. Not only will it enable you to develop many skills that graduate employers look for when recruiting, it will assist you in putting theory behind your degree into practice.
We offer a range of information on the opportunities available:
- Excel Southampton Placement Programme - With over 400 paid placement opportunities exclusively for University of Southampton students this could be a great way to launch your career!
- The Student Consultancy - Experience being a business consultant by working in small teams on a work project for an organisation over 8 weeks in term time. Full training is provided with payment for completed projects.
- Guide to Seeking a Placements/Internship - We have created a short document to help you find and locate relevant opportunities.
- Postgraduate Research Internships - We work closely with the parts of the University to establish bespoke internship and placement opportunities for our doctoral research community.
Additionally there are many resources available in our Resource Centre and online, for example:
- Target Jobs - Work Experience, Internships and Placements
- Prospects - Work Experience & Internships
- RateMyPlacement - Guide to Internships
You can also visit our Jobs Board to find a number of short and long term placements offer by a variety of organisations who advertise vacancies with us and don't forget that Volunteering and Part-Time Work can be equally valuable work experience on your CV.