Aims of the Learning Activity
This activity explores what it means to be a global citizen. While carrying it out you will:
- Consider the different ways that global citizenship is understood by different people.
- Analyse and evaluate the assumptions behind these ways of thinking.
- Reflect on the way you understand the demands of global citizenship.
Having completed the activity you should be able to
- Explain some of the assumptions underlying different perspectives on global citizenship.
- Outline the views of various academics on global citizenship.
- Indicate your stance on global citizenship.