Aims of the learning activity
The main aims of this activity are to investigate what you expect from citizens, in particular the attitudes and behaviours that you associate with citizenship, and to gain direct experience of how these might be measured.
While carrying out the activity you will:
- explore the attitudes and behaviours associated with citizenship.
- draft questions for measuring these attitudes and behaviours.
- compare your questions with those designed by academics and professional researchers.
- reflect on your own attitudes and behaviours in relation to those expected of citizens.
Having completed this activity you should be able to:
- provide examples of the attitudes and behaviours associated with citizenship.
- explain some of the practical issues involved in seeking to measure these attitudes and behaviours.
- suggest how these issues might be addressed.
- indicate the extent to which your own attitudes and behaviours reflect those we expect of citizens.