CLEAPSS Safety with Chemicals for TechniciansEvent
- 09:30 - 16:00, 21 March 2017
- Worthing College, 1 Sandition Way, Worthing, West Sussex, BN14 9FD
For more information regarding this event, please telephone Mathematics and Science Learning Centre on 023 8059 8810 or email email@example.com .
This course is suitable for technicians who are taking on or already have responsibility for chemicals. No prior chemical knowledge is required. Note: the course is not intended for those with detailed chemical experience, though it can help in adapting outside experience to work in school science. Suitable for: Technicians. Course led by Joanna Sacks.
What will the course include?
- how to find information on chemicals and their hazards in school use, including understanding their names and ordering and receiving chemicals
- understanding and using safety information on labels
- the role of Hazcards and how to use them
- handling, using and storing chemicals including control measures, personal protection and fume cupboards
- making up solutions - molar, percentage and ‘vol’ concentrations
- Making labels: why, when and how
- an introduction to waste and recycling
- chemical emergencies and the need for training including spills practical and fire demonstrations
Course Fee: £120 per person attending
This is for a full day of professional development, all CLEAPSS course resources, lunch and refreshments.
CLEAPSS courses are intended for CLEAPSS members – if you are uncertain about your membership please contact CLEAPSS on 01895 251496. An additional charge may be payable for non-members attending courses.