CLEAPSS Health & Safety for Science TechniciansEvent
- 09:30 - 16:00, 10 May 2017
- Worthing College, 1 Sandition Way, Worthing, West Sussex, BN14 9FD
For more information regarding this event, please telephone Mathematics and Science Learning Centre on 023 8059 8810 or email email@example.com .
This course was originally designed by a team set up by the Association for Science Education to help with the health and safety training of school laboratory technicians. Course led by Matt Endean.
The course has the following objectives:
- to raise awareness of safety issues and current Health and Safety legislation
- to make technicians more comfortable with their responsibilities
- to help delegates become more aware of the range of CLEAPSS services and advice
- to practice risk assessments, to consider what safe management - managing safely means in practice for technician
- and, optionally, to devise an action plan
What will the course include?
- legislation on health and safety including the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974 and its subsequent regulations
- legal bans, myths and rumour
- risk assessments in general, and personal risk assessment for technicians
- safe management and handling of resources for practical science
Course Fee: £120 per person attending
This is for a full day of professional development, all CLEAPSS course resources, lunch and refreshments.
CLEAPSS courses are intended for CLEAPSS members - if you are uncertain about your membership please contact CLEAPSS on 01895 251496. An additional charge may be payable for non-members attending courses.