CLEAPSS Safety Examination of Autoclaves, Pressure Cookers and Model Steam EnginesEvent
- 09:30 - 16:00, 20 June 2017
- Mathematics and Science Learning Centre The Graham Hills Building 29 University of Southampton Highfield Southampton SO17 1BJ
For more information regarding this event, please telephone Mathematics and Science Learning Centre on 023 8059 8810 or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
This course is aimed at the person in a school who has been asked to carry out the examination of pressure vessels to ensure they are safe to use under the Pressure Systems Safety Regulations (2000). In particular, we will be considering the role of CLEAPSS in meeting the requirements specified by the HSE in the 2014 ACOP. NOTE this course will focus on equipment that is not thermostatically controlled. If you are in doubt about whether your equipment will be covered please contact CLEAPSS before booking a place. Suitable for: Technicians, Senior Technicians, Teachers. Course led by Mary Philpott.
What will the course include?
- the basics of how the pressure vessels work
- safe operation of the range of autoclaves, pressure cookers and steam engines used in schools
- the legal requirements, including the employer’s duty to appoint a competent person for the examination of autoclaves, pressure cookers and model steam engines
- the meaning of ‘competent person’ in the context of the CLEAPSS approach to pressure vessel examination
- reviewing the written schemes of examination included in CLEAPSS document L214
- the management of the statutory safety examination in the school context
- Participants are encouraged to bring along their own autoclave and/or model steam engine. NOTE the course itself will not constitute the statutory examination for these items.
Course Fee: £120 per person attending
This is for a full day of professional development, all CLEAPSS course resources, lunch and refreshments.
CLEAPSS courses are intended for CLEAPSS members – if you are uncertain about your membership please contact CLEAPSS on 01895 251496. An additional charge may be payable for non-members attending courses.