CLEAPSS Supporting Safe & Successful practical Biology II: Getting it to workEvent
- 09:30 - 16:00, 5 July 2017
- Mathematics and Science Learning Centre The Graham Hills Building 29 University of Southampton Highfield Southampton SO17 1BJ
For more information regarding this event, please telephone Mathematics and Science Learning Centre on 023 8059 8810 or email email@example.com .
As an experienced technician or teacher, you will be aware that many Biology practicals do not give expected results in lessons. You might therefore be concerned about providing practicals for new specifications, or for new topic areas of Biology. The course looks at ways to resolve the problems of getting consistent results, considering key practicals in current specifications particularly the 2015 A levels. We will also introduce techniques for gene technology and focus on practicals that relate to other recent developments in Biology. Suitable for: Experienced Technicians, Teachers. Course led by Mary Philpott.
This is an intermediate biology course and assumes you are familiar with the health and safety aspects of your work and with the foundational skills covered in Supporting Safe and Successful Biology I.
What will the course include?
- health and safety and risk assessment in biology
- dealing with complex biology equipment
- dealing with complex biology processes
- dealing with the variability of living organisms
- dealing with variability of biochemical processes
- dealing with a range of slow boil
- There will be examples of practicals in each area, allowing participants to choose the most relevant
Course Fee: £120 per person attending
This is for a full day of professional development, all CLEAPSS course resources, lunch and refreshments.
CLEAPSS courses are intended for CLEAPSS members – if you are uncertain about your membership please contact CLEAPSS on 01895 251496. An additional charge may be payable for non-members attending courses.