Research within the Southampton Education School is structured both to denote the School's principal research themes, and to reflect wider inter-disciplinary interests.
Four research centres provide support for staff, major funded projects and a range of other research projects as well as providing support and activities for our research students. These centres are listed here together with affiliated research groups and themes, plus, where appropriate, special interest groups.
- Educational Leadership, Management and Administration
- Educational Improvement and Effectiveness
- Comparative Education, Citizenship and Political Socialisation
- Teacher Professional Development and Effectiveness
- Educational and Career Decision-Making
- Teaching and Learning Through the Life-Course
- Design and Utilisation of Digital Technologies
- Lifelong, Work-related and Workplace Learning
- Research on SEN
- Inclusive Education
New and exciting developments often emerge from Special Interest Groups of research active staff and students sharing and exploring common interests. Some of these are hosted by individual Research Centres (and are thus also listed above), while others are more widely affiliated.
- Higher Education Research Group
- Internationalisation of Higher Education
- Mathematics Education
- Quantitative Methodologies
- Race and Ethnicity
- Research in Teacher Education
- Science Education
- Sport Research Group
For a complete list of research centres, affiliated groups and SIGs in alphabetic sequence, see the Groups page.