The Centre for Higher Education Management and Policy at Southampton (CHEMPaS) was established in 2004 as an interdisciplinary focus for research, postgraduate programmes, continuing professional development and consultancy on key issues relating to higher education.
The Centre aims to integrate high level academic research with professional practice in all aspects of higher education management and policy and provides a lively and stimulating environment for the generation of new ideas and the sharing of experience on a wide range of topics in the field of higher education. The centre is active in three main areas: research seminars, postgraduate programmes, and Continuing Professional Development.
CHEMPaS provides a range of opportunities for staff and students to share their research and innovative ideas through:
- bi monthly informal seminars for students
- seminars and workshops arranged by University of Southampton Internationalisation Forum (USIF)
- contributing to the seminars and workshops arranged by the Higher Education Research Group.
CHEMPaS, through the Southampton Educational School, provides a variety of different postgraduate programmes designed to meet the needs of staff working in higher education:
- MPhil/PhD Research programme
- Doctorate of Education (EdD)
- MSc Management and Leadership
- MSc Education Practice and Innovation
CHEMPaS offers a portfolio of CPD courses aimed at meeting the needs of staff working in Higher Education and other sections of education. These include:
- Contemporary approaches to teaching and learning in schools
- Curriculum internationalisation in Education
- Marketing Higher Education
CHEMPaS can also develop bespoke programmes for managers and leaders in Higher Education.