The Centre aims to integrate high level academic research with professional practice in all aspects of higher education management and policy and provides a lively and stimulating environment for the generation of new ideas and the sharing of experience on a wide range of topics in the field of higher education. The centre is active in three main areas: research seminars, postgraduate programmes, and Continuing Professional Development.
CHEMPaS provides a range of opportunities for staff and students to share their research and innovative ideas through:
- bi monthly informal seminars for students
- seminars and workshops arranged by University of Southampton Internationalisation Forum (USIF)
- contributing to the seminars and workshops arranged by the Higher Education Research Group.
CHEMPaS, through the Southampton Educational School, provides a variety of different postgraduate programmes designed to meet the needs of staff working in higher education:
- MPhil/PhD Research programme
- Doctorate of Education (EdD)
- MSc Management and Leadership
- MSc Education Practice and Innovation
CHEMPaS offers a portfolio of CPD courses aimed at meeting the needs of staff working in Higher Education and other sections of education. These include:
- Contemporary approaches to teaching and learning in schools
- Curriculum internationalisation in Education
- Marketing Higher Education
CHEMPaS can also develop bespoke programmes for managers and leaders in Higher Education.