Professor Stephen Darby
Head of Geography, Professor in Physical Geography
- Related links
Stephen Darby is Professor of Physical Geography in Geography and Environment and Head of Academic Unit.
Steve is Professor of Physical Geography in Geography and Environment and Head of Academic Unit. He has worked at Southampton since 1997. He served as the Vice Chair (Research) of the British Society for Geomorphology (2012-2015) and is currently the Junior Deputy Chair of that society.
Web of Science Researcher ID:
Researcher ID: J-5799-2012
- B.Sc. (Geography) Queen Mary-Westfield College, University of London
- Ph.D. (Geography) University of Nottingham
- 1993-1994 Senior Research Associate, University of Nottingham
- 1994-1995 Postdoctoral Researcher, University of Florence, Italy
- 1995-1997 Research Geologist, US Department of Agriculture, National Sedimentation Laboratory, Oxford, Mississippi
- Associate Editor, Earth Surface Processes & Landforms, 2003 - 2009
- Member, NERC Peer Review College, 2008 to present.