Professor Ulrich Ellwanger will be a Diamond Jubilee International Visiting Fellow at the University of Southampton from 2013 - 2016.
Visiting Fellow and Host
Fellow: Professor Ulrich Ellwanger, Laboratoire de Physique Theorique d'Orsay, Universite Paris-Sud 11, France
Host: Professor Stefano Moretti, School of Physics and Astronomy
Aims of the collaboration
To develop collaborative research between theoretical physics research groups at Southampton and Orsay, particularly in relation to data emanating from the Large Hadron Collider (LHC).
To embed research activities further within the NExT Institute.
Fellowship activities in 2014
- Undergraduate course on "Higgs bosons in Supersymmetry" at the University of Southampton, June 2014
- Publication of two related academic papers
- Ongoing research discussions and conducting of simulations
- Graduate student supervision
Fellowship activities in 2015
- Professor Moretti and Professor Ellwanger have secured a Marie Sklowdowska-Curie Research and Innovation Staff Exchange (RISE) grant to enable the construction of a collaborative network centred around Higgs physics research, and to share knowledge and ideas from research to market (and vice-versa) for the advancement of science and the development of innovation. This will be achieved by promoting collaboration through staff exchanges at all levels with 9 partners worldwide.
- Publication of two papers with the University of Southampton as additional affiliation, Feb 2015
- External advisor to PhD candidate who will be carrying out a project at the Large Hadron Collider based on one of the published papers.
- Participation in Fifth NExt PhD workshop, June 2015: lectures on the course "Beyond Minimal SUSY".
- Publication of two further papers with the University of Southampton as additional affiliation, July 2015
Southampton High Energy Physics
Laboratoire de Physique Theorique d'Orsay (LPT Orsay)