The Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Southampton is generously offering a limited number of Scholarships of £5000 to International candidates applying for postgraduate taught programmes. The award will be deducted from programme fees.
This is a competitive scholarship based on academic merit and financial need.
Making an application:
Applicants must make a 500 word submission detailing
“How would you anticipate using the opportunity to study at the University of Southampton to improve health care in your home country?”
Applications for the scholarship must include the following information:
- Name of applicant.
- Details of English Language Score (must have IELTs or equivalent of 7.0 with no less than 6.5 in reading and writing).
- Name of course for which applicant has applied.
- Application number.
NB Applicants must hold an offer for academic study at the University of Southampton commencing in October 2013 to be eligible to apply.
Scholarships for Overseas Students are for applicants commencing study of any subject offered by the Faculty of Health Sciences at postgraduate level as a full-time student in the academic year 2013/14.
Who is eligible:
- Applicants must be new, full-time, non-EU applicants.
- Applicants must show strong academic ability.
- Applicants should not be eligible for other financial support from Southampton University eg. tuition fee reductions through collaborative links, bursaries, etc.
Candidates must have accepted the offer of a place at Southampton before applying for an International Scholarship. Please attach a transcript detailing your courses and grades.
Further information on how to apply:
Candidates can apply direct or be nominated by a member of the Faculty or by a regional representative.
Candidates must provide a written account of not more than 500 words explaining how they would use the opportunity to study at the University of Southampton to improve healthcare in their home country.
Process for awarding scholarship
- Each applicant will be viewed and rated by members of an academic committee of the faculty and will be communicated to the successful applicants.
- Scholarships will only be available to new applicants.
Applicants will be informed of the decision within four weeks of their submission.
NB: Eligibility will be determined through the following criteria:
- Is the applicant going to have some demonstrable effect in their field?
- Can the applicant articulate their reasons for applying and demonstrate the capacity to write and persuade?
- Will the applicant make the most of the scholarship on offer to them at Southampton?
- Does the applicant hold an offer for academic study at the University of Southampton commencing in October 2013?
For more information on how to apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org