Applying to university should be a simple, trouble-free process. Just take it step by step and allow yourself plenty of time.
Make sure you submit all relevant documents with your application:
- Verified photocopies of transcripts and completion certificates of your most recent education
- Certificates of English language ability if necessary
- Two letters of recommendation
- Completed application form with Statement of Purpose.
Statement of purpose
Write a good Statement of Purpose, which is a key element in your application. It gives you the opportunity to explain your motivations to study this particular course at the University of Southampton, what makes you suitable for it, your major achievements and any relevant work experience.
If you need help:
- Our overseas representatives can advise you about the choice of course, help you with the application process and assist you with your VISA paperwork;
- Your local British Council office can also advise you about English language courses and official English language tests;
- The International Office staff regularly travel overseas to participate in Education Exhibitions and meet students interested in the University.