Students from Portugal at the University of Southampton
|Undergraduate||Postgraduate Taught||Postgraduate Research||Total|
(Figures from 2013/14)
General information and guidelines
The following sections offer general information for students from Portugal who are interested in studying at the University of Southampton. If you want more details about entry requirements you should contact the relevant Admissions Office within your chosen department.
- Undergraduate entry requirements
- Students with the following qualifications will be considered for direct entry to the University of Southampton's Bachelor degrees:
- UK A Levels with grades from BBB to A*AA;
- International Baccalaureate (IB) with grades from 30 to 38;
- Certificado de fim de Estudos Secundarios with a minimum grade of 17 - 18
- Please note that for some programmes the entry requirements may differ. For exact entry requirements, contact the Admissions tutor for the undergraduate degree programme you wish to study.
- Postgraduate entry requirements
- Students with the following qualifications will be considered for direct entry to the University of Southampton's postgraduate programmes:
- For Master's programmes:
Diploma de Estudos Superiores Especializados / Licenciado with a minimum grade of 16 / Bom con distincao - equivalent to a UK 2:1
- For PhD programmes:
Usually, good grades in both Bachelor and Master's programmes awarded by a recognised institution.
- Please note that for some programmes the entry requirements may differ. For exact entry requirements, contact the Admissions tutor for the Master’s or PhD degree programme you wish to study.
- Scholarships for students from Portugal
- The University offers a range of scholarships, studentships and bursaries for undergraduate and postgraduate EU students.
- The University offers a number of Santander Universities scholarships which are open to Portuguese students who wish to study a Master course.
- We also offer subject-specific scholarships which are open to EU students. You can find information on the International Office scholarships section and Academic Schools' websites.
- Collaboration with Portuguese institutions
- We have a number of Erasmus partnerships with higher education institutions in Portugal in certain subjects. For more details about our Erasmus partners in each country visit our Erasmus website.
- Useful Link
- More information
- For more information, contact the International Office