How to Add a SCORM Learning Object to Your Blackboard Course
SCORM (Sharable Content Objective Reference Model) is a standard for learning objects (a unit of educational content delivered via the internet).
Blackboard supports SCORM version 1.2 and SCORM2004.
This same process may be used to add NLN and IMS Content to your course, simply select Add NLN Content or Add IMS Content instead of Add SCORM content.
1. Check that Edit Mode is turned ON. This can be switched by clicking ON or OFF.
Access a Content Area
2. Enter the content area into which you wish to place your SCORM learning object.
Choose Add SCORM Content
3. Hover your mouse over Build Content and choose Content Package (SCORM).
4. You will be presented with the Add Scorm Content screen.
Adding Scorm Content
5. Enter the name of the item and then browse for where the package is stored on your computer or network.
6. Navigation Control Type
Choose Flow if the object takes the user from one part to the next, or Choice to show a map of the different parts of the object which the user may navigate themselves. This option can be dependent on the SCORM object itself, often the object will only work with one of these settings and not the other. The provider of the SCORM object may provide guidance on this.
Grade Centre Options
7. Set the Grade Centre Options according to your preferences:
Add Grade Centre Item
Select Yes to add a Grade Centre Item to the Grade Centre for the content item. The name will be the name of the package and may be modified and managed from the Grade Centre once added.
Track Attempt Details
Select Yes to be able to view user interaction with the content, such as total viewing time and question responses. From the Modify Grade page, click the View button to see the Attempt Details.
First Attempt Only
If Yes is selected for First Attempt Only, attempt details will only display for the first time the user accesses the content. If the user does not go through the whole package, subsequent attempts will not be tracked. Leaving this value as No will always show the last attempt data. This setting is for tracking data only; it does not restrict how often the content can be viewed by the user.
8. Set the Content Options according to your preferences.
9. Click on Submit to finish.
10. To access your object students should click on Click to launch.
Object has launched
11. When launched the object will open in a new window.