At the University of Southampton, we consider the wellbeing of our employees and students to be of paramount importance, and are committed to continual improvement in standards of health and safety.
Maintaining and supporting employees
Some of the key benefits designed to help maintain and support employees' well-being include:
- A generous holiday allowance, between 24 and 30 days leave after a qualifying period, plus 6 University shutdown days plus around 8 bank holidays, totalling around 14 additional days' leave over and above your holiday allowance
- Leave for emergency domestic situations e.g. accident or sudden illness of children or other dependants
- Statutory maternity leave and pay arrangements apply to all female staff, with a more generous contractual arrangement for those who have been employed at the University for at least 52 weeks by the 15th week before the expected birth
- Paternity leave: a maximum of 2 weeks' leave with full pay to enable an employee to be present at the birth of their child and/or meet family responsibilities after the birth
- Adoption leave is available to recognise the needs of staff who adopt children
- Flexible working allows staff to change their patterns or total hours of working through discussions with their manager (taking into consideration the needs of the business
- An Occupational Health service, which provides advice on both employment and other health issues.