Frequently asked questions
This is a collection of useful pieces of information and frequently asked questions. New items are added, based on enquiries that we receive.
The University Library
- How many items can I borrow?
- Where do I go to borrow items?
- How long can I borrow items For?
- Can I renew items I have on loan?
- What if someone's got the item I need?
- How do I check what I have on loan?
- How can I find my Library PIN?
- How does the Library keep in touch?
- Can I get an item from another library site?
- Where do I return items?
- What if the Library is closed?
- What if I return an item late?
- How do I know if an item is overdue?
The Library catalogue
- What is WebCat?
- Is all the Library's stock on WebCat?
- How can I find out if the Library has a book?
- How do I find out where an item is kept?
- How do I search WebCat?
- What if the item I want is not on the catalogue?
- What are the Course Collections?
- Where are the Course Collections?
- How do I borrow course collection stock?
- How many course collection items can I borrow?
- What are course boxes?
- Where are the course boxes?
- What happens if I return a course collection item late?
- How long can I borrow course collection items for?
- Can I reserve a course collection item?
- Do I have to return course collection items in person?
- Can I search the Web in the Library?
- What is an "institutional login"?
- How do I get other passwords?
- Can I access journals & databases from home?
- How do I find out where a book is kept?
- What is a "call number"?
- What does "quarto" mean?
- What does "stack" mean?