Health and safety: general advice
The policy of all the branch libraries is to provide and maintain safe and healthy working conditions, equipment and systems of work for all its users. To this end information is provided as necessary. Responsibility is also accepted for the health and safety of all who may be affected by the department's activities.
In line with University policy, specific arrangements for health and safety in University Libraries are managed by the Departmental Safety Officers.
The policy and procedures will be made available to all library users via the Library's website.
- Read any information on safety that is provided on the web, by paper copy or on notice boards
- Ensure they never attempt to operate unfamiliar equipment, or undertake tasks which may be unsafe
- Know the procedure to adopt in the event of a fire and familiarise themselves with the fire exits
- Report any hazardous situations to a member of library staff
- Ensure all accidents and incidents are reported to a member of library staff
Take care of their own health and safety as well as others who may be affected by their work