From the University Library
17 June 2009
Summer moves at the Hartley Library
On 17 July 2009 the Biomedical Science Library on the Boldrewood campus will close and the stock will transfer mainly to the Hartley Library. As a result there will be changes to the location of material held on Hartley Levels 1 and 3, and to the layout of some of the shelving. Preparation work in the Hartley Library will commence on 15 June and continue until the end of August/beginning of September. This will involve:
- Install a new mobile shelving unit (29 June - 10 July)
- Consolidation of the Humanities stock held on Level 1 (BL-BX, N-NX, P-PM) into one location at the north end of the floor (15 June onwards)
- Transferring of the Education stock currently held on Level 3 to join the Humanities stock
- Re-space the periodical collection over the remainder of the floor and incorporate the Biomedical Science titles into the per Q sequence
- Reconfigure shelving to provide a new newspaper reading and study area
- Relocate the oversize periodicals, known as "quarto per", to provide more suitable storage for these volumes
- Re-space BF, G-WZ integrating Boldrewood stock into Q-WZ
- Transfer the Education stock including the pamphlet and quarto sections to Level 1
For health and safety reasons, areas of the library may be cordoned off for a period of time and should not be entered. Stock, particularly journal holdings on Level 1, will be decanted onto to temporary shelving or crated during this time and may not be available for a short time. It is advised that you contact the library if you intend to make a special trip to visit the library during this period.
To view further details please view the summer moves narrated PowerPoint presentation.