Accessing Course Collections stock
Our Course Collections contain items in a variety of formats and media:
- physical stock, such as books, lecture notes, dvds
- online, such as key journal articles, extracts from books (in pdf format), video-streaming.
Access to these items is via WebCat, available 24/7.
How do I access this stock using WebCat?
You can search for these resources in the usual way using, for example, an author/title search. However, if you want to view all items for a specific unit / course you should:
- login to WebCat with your User Name & Password (or your student/staff number & Library PIN)
- Select Course Collections
- Enter the course code, e.g. HIST 1080 (space between letters and numbers)
- Select Search by Course Code
This will produce a list of all the items (physical and online stock) held for that course. Stock available online will have [electronic resource] after the title. Select the item you wish to access. Click on the text 'online link to document' to view the document in full.
Off campus access for online stock
To access this resource off campus you will need to login to the University network through the Virtual Private Network (VPN) service. Alternatively, you can download and save these documents whilst on campus, for access off campus.
Guidance for teaching staff
For teaching staff wishing to add material to our Course Collections there is a Course Collection guide and a guide to the digitisation of course collection stock. Both include relevant copyright information detailing what we can accept.
Course Collections Contacts
Including contact details for course collection staff at each site: