Library enquiry services
Answering enquiries is one of the fundamental services that the Library provides. Enquiry points are tailored to the needs of users at each site, so you may find it most helpful to direct your enquiry to your "home" site.
Frequently asked questions
We've collected some of the most common questions we're asked in our website's Frequently Asked Questions section - feel free to visit the FAQ, or ask a question yourself using our online enquiry form.
Enquiries at each site
Please contact the Avenue Library with any general enquiries that you have about stock, services or facilities. We also welcome and encourage your feedback on any aspect of our service.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 25405 or 25432 (internal), 023 8059 5405 or 023 8059 5432 (external)
Hartley Library Enquiry Services
The Hartley Library has a number of enquiry points.
Reception staff can help you to find your way around the Library. You can also visit Reception to pick up a range of library leaflets or to book a group study room. You will find the Reception staff at the front of the entrance hall.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 22180 (internal), 023 8059 2180 (external)
Subject enquiry service
The Subject Enquiry Service is staffed by subject specialists who will answer your enquiry or offer you an appointment with your designated subject librarian. You will find the Subject Enquiry Service on Level 3.
|Monday - Friday||09:00 - 17:00|
- Telephone: 28733 (internal), 023 8059 8733 (external)
Term-Time Evening & Weekend Enquiry Service
During term time an enquiry service is offered during the Evenings and Weekends.
|Monday - Friday||17:00 - 19:25 *|
|Saturday||10:00 - 16:55 **|
* For subject enquiries between 17:00 – 19:25 Monday to Friday please contact the evening supervisor at the Loans Desk.
** For subject enquiries on Saturday between 13:00 – 16:55 please contact the Saturday supervisor at Reception or the Loans Desk.
- Telephone: 28733 (internal) 023 8059 8733 (external)
Vacation weekend service hours
During the summer vacation an enquiry service is offered on Saturdays. (For Christmas and Easter vacations the service is the same as in term time).
|Saturday||10:00 - 12:55 **|
Health Services Library
Please contact the Health Services Library with any general enquiries that you have about stock, services or facilities.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 6541 (from the hospital), 71-6541 (the rest of the University), 023 8079 6541 (external)
National Oceanographic Library
Please contact the National Oceanographic Library with any general enquiries that you have about stock, services or facilities.
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 26116 (internal), 023 8059 6116 (external)
Winchester School of Art Library
If you have any enquiries, whether general or more in-depth, please go to the Library help desk. You can also book times for guidance with research; using the Library, exploiting resources.
The Library help desk is available during term-time from 1pm to 3pm Monday to Friday.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 26984/6/2 (internal), 023 8059 6984/6/2 (external)