- 7 September 2016
- King's Fund, London
For more information regarding this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org .
The third event in our health and healthcare public lecture series took place on Wednesday 7 September 2016 at the King's Fund, London, and focussed on respiratory health. Keynote lectures from Professor Ratko Djukanovic, Professor Stephen Holgate and Professor Jeffrey Drazen preceded a panel discussion. We discussed how the University of Southampton is creating and developing more targeted treatments for asthma and driving cross-sector collaborations. This event also explored how our world-leading research and partnerships in this field benefits society now and in the future.
- Professor Ratko Djukanovic, Professor of Medicine at the University of Southampton and Director of the Southampton NIHR Respiratory Biomedical Research Unit.
- Professor Stephen Holgate, Medical Research Council Clinical Professor of Immunopharmacology and Honorary Consultant Physician.
- Professor Jeffrey Drazen, The New England Journal of Medicine, Editor in chief New England Medical Journal, Senior physician at Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Distinguished Parker B Francis Professor of Medicine Harvard Medical School.
- Professor Ratko Djukanovic, Professor of Medicine at the University of Southampton.
- Professor Jeffrey Drazen, The New England Journal of Medicine.
- Dr Samantha Walker, Deputy Chief Executive and Director of Research and Policy at Asthma UK.
- Professor Donna Davies, Professor of Respiratory Cell and Molecular Biology at the University of Southampton.
- Alison Long, Patient representative,
- Professor Stephen Holgate (Panel chair), Medical Research Council Clinical Professor of Immunopharmacology at the University of Southampton.