Throughout the year, a wide variety of postgraduate studentships and bursaries become available across all of our academic disciplines. Details vary, but a studentship will typically cover tuition fees and provide an annual tax-free stipend.
Throughout the year, a wide variety of postgraduate studentships and scholarships become available across all of our academic disciplines. Details vary, but a studentship will typically cover tuition fees and provide an annual tax-free stipend.
The University operates four Doctoral Training Centres:
Details are available from each faculty (see below); all studentships are listed in the University's Job opportunities section.
- Biological Sciences: PhD studentships
- Chemistry: PhD studentships
- Education: Research opportunities
- Electronics and Computer Science: PhD studentships
- Engineering and the Environment: Studentships, Postgraduate opportunities
- Geography: Postgraduate opportunities
- Health Sciences: Postgraduate fees and funding
- For MSc, Clinical Doctorate and PhD enquiries, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Humanities: Postgraduate funding opportunities
- Institute of Sound and Vibration Research: Postgraduate opportunities
- Law: Postgraduate opportunities
- Management: Postgraduate funding opportunities
- Medicine: PhD funding
- Ocean and Earth Science: Postgraduate funding
- Optoelectronics Research Centre: Postgraduate funding
- Physics and Astronomy: Studentships and financial support
- Psychology: Postgraduate funding
- Social Sciences: Postgraduate funding opportunities
By subject area:
Politics and International Relations
Social statistics & demography
Sociology, social policy and applied social sciences
- Winchester School of Art: Postgraduate scholarships
- Doctoral Training Centre PhD studentships: