The University's Sport and Wellbeing service offers a wide-ranging programme of sport for all levels, from beginners to elite athletes. These activities are supported by the University's excellent sports facilities.
Our state-of-the-art £8.5 million complex includes a 25m swimming pool.
Jubilee Sports Centre
The Jubilee Sports Centre is a state-of-the-art £8.5 million complex, located next to the Students’ Union on the Highfield Campus. It includes:
- a six-lane 25-metre swimming pool
- a split-level gym with 140 fitness stations - one of the largest facilities of any UK university
- a magnificent eight-court sports hall, used for badminton, netball, volleyball and basketball. It is the only hall in the region suitable for international basketball matches.
Other indoor sports facilities on the Highfield Campus include:
- four squash courts
- a martial arts studio
- dance studios and activity room
- a second sports hall which is used for five-a-side football, cricket, handball, frisbee and roller hockey.
For more details please visit www.southampton.ac.uk/sportandwellbeing.