As a postgraduate, you'll have access to state-of-the-art IT facilities and specialist support services.
1,700 PC workstations on all campuses and in most halls of residence
As a student you will benefit from these IT resources:
- Access to over 1,700 PC workstations, which all have a vast bank of course-specific software packages, and high-speed internet access. Easily find the nearest available workstation (which are all across our campuses and halls of residences) using our PC finder tool.
- Free WiFi across campus, and at other universities through Eduroam. During the holidays you can easily access Eduroam WiFi at a university near your home.
- Fixed and wireless internet in halls and across campus. Every one of our rooms comes with high-speed internet.
- Free access to Office 365 which means your documents are safely stored in the cloud, and that you can edit the latest version no matter where you open it from. It comes with 25Gb of online storage, and allows you to download Microsoft Office Pro Plus to 5 different devices.
- Free access to online courses through Lynda.com. Boost your skills, productivity and employability by learning how to edit video, write html, design using PhotoShop or essentials like using Excel to its full advantage.
- Access to BoBnational, a shared online off-air tv and radio recording service for higher education institutions. You can choose to record any broadcast programme, which is then kept indefinitely.
- My Southampton App gives you on-the-go access to vital university information including services, maps, timetables, contacts, library loans, and PC workstation availability
As Postgraduates you will also be able to use a variety of multi-access computer servers are available to support postgraduate research, including Beowulf computational clusters and a Condor cycle-stealing Windows computational resource. The University also hosts one of the UK's e-Science centres as part of the e-Grid.
You also have use of a Post-Grad Research tracker to record and track your progression and milestones, and help your supervisor know what you’re up to.
Isolutions is responsible for the University's information technology, communication and virtual learning infrastructure. Specialist staff provide a range of support and services, including computer-based training for everyone.
ServiceLine (for IT support)
Tel: +44 (0) 2380 595656