ESRC - Doctoral Training Centre
The University of Southampton Doctoral Training Centre (DTC) is one of 21 across the UK that has been accredited by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC). It has been awarded 18 ESRC studentships to fund postgraduate training and research at doctoral level every year for the next five years.
The ESRC-DTC at the University of Southampton offers supervisory expertise across the full breadth of the human and social science disciplines and our thriving community of postgraduate students is supported by a first class research training infrastructure.
The University currently directs the ESRC Census Programme and hosts ESRC centres of research excellence, including the National Centre for Research Methods (NCRM), the Centre for Population Changes (CPC) and the Third Sector Research Centre (TSRC). Coupled with the University’s reputation for excellence in research methods and advanced methodological techniques, the ESRC-DTC offers a unique academic environment for doctoral training within the social sciences.
The ESRC-DTC at the University offers 20 study ‘pathways’ for postgraduate students to choose from:
- Find out about the ESRC network of DTCs and its postgraduate training framework on the ESRC website.
- For further information on the University of Southampton ESRC Doctoral Training Centre please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous calls for studentships (applications now closed)
- ESRC Studentships – October 2013 start (closing date Wednesday 6th February 2013 - 3pm)
- ESRC Collaborative Studentship with the Charity Commission - January 2013 start
- ESRC/NERC Interdisciplinary PhD studentship for October 2012 start
- ESRC Collaborative Studentship with the Charity Commission - October 2012 start