Applications for postgraduate programmes are made using our online application form.
Most programmes require additional supporting documentation to be submitted as part of the application process. These can be uploaded with the online application form. Decisions regarding admissions are not made until an application is considered as complete. You will be sent an acknowledgement e-mail as soon as the University has received your application. Further details of the application process, timelines and online tracking are explained below.
Who can apply?
We offer education to all students with the necessary skills and ability, regardless of age, background or financial circumstances.
General entry requirements
To apply for postgraduate study you must satisfy the University’s general entry requirements as well as any specific requirements for your chosen programme.
Specific programme entry requirements are set out in the Key Facts section for each programme. For details of our programmes, see our Research Programmes.
As well as academic qualifications and practical experience, we look for evidence of your interest in the programme and an understanding of the rigorous demands of postgraduate study.
If you are an international student you will need to ensure that your academic and English language qualifications meet our entry requirements. Please check the International Students section for further details.
There is no University deadline for applications for research programmes. However, some Faculties may have their own application deadlines. Details are available in the Key Facts for each research programme. You should apply as early as possible if you need to secure a UK visa or if you are applying for funding or sponsorship.
Deadlines for research funding are usually at least six months in advance of the start date.
Submitting your application
1. Identify the Programme(s) of Study that you wish to apply for (see Research Programmes).
2. Check Application Requirements and programme Entry Requirements (see Research Programmes).
3. Ask yourself the following questions:
- What supporting documents do I need to submit with my application form?
- What are the entry requirements?
- What are the language requirements?
4. Find programme via Programme Search page
5. Login or if new user create login ID
6. Fill in application details via application checklist
7. Upload supporting documents
8. Submit Application
9. Use online tracking to track the progress of your application.