Today as government funding for higher education decreases, your philanthropic gifts are more essential than ever. They allow us to continue to maintain our excellence and to advance as one of the leading research and teaching institutions in the world, tackling society’s biggest problems whilst working towards the solutions for tomorrow.
Public funding for new posts, teaching, buildings and facilities has been dramatically reduced, and if we are to respond to the opportunities provided by new research and technological advances, we must find substantial funding from other sources. For instance, the construction of the new Life Sciences Building has been supported by the largest single philanthropic gift received by the University of Southampton, from the Malcolm Isaac Charitable Trust.
We are committed to ensuring that research and teaching continue to flourish. To do this we need to extend and modernise our existing facilities, to create new buildings, to establish new academic posts and, most importantly, to support the welfare of our students.
We aim to continue providing the very highest quality of education and teaching to the very best students, regardless of their wealth. The Sue Wilson Bursary Scheme is one example of how donors can really make a difference to the education of students who, without this support, would otherwise be unable to fulfil these ambitions.
The impact of giving at Southampton
The University of Southampton values every gift, and any donor has the opportunity to take advantage of the services and benefits that the University provides for its friends, alumni and giving community. Your support not only helps to maintain the opportunities we provide to the most gifted students, but fuels our momentum to achieve intellectual, scientific, and technological excellence that will reinforce the UK’s position on the global stage.
Find out more
- Alumni - Update your details to keep informed of University news and events and to benefit from the services we offer our past students.
- Gifts at work - see the impact of your gift, and the support of our wider donor community, across campus.
- Latest Research - Find out about some of the latest Research Innovations being carried out at the University of Southampton.
- Donate - If you would like to make a donation to the University, register your details here.
- Contact us - If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Development and Alumni Relations Office.