For international students interested in studying Law, Arts, Humanities, Management or Social Sciences
The Law, Arts, Humanities, Management and Social Sciences foundation year is also known as the International Foundation Year. The foundation year is a one year programme for both international (non-EU) and EU students who wish to study law, arts, humanities, management or social sciences. The foundation year can be the start of a three year undergraduate degree or a four year masters degree.
Find out more about the Law,Arts, Humanities, Management and Social Sciences foundation year
Typical entry requirements
Entry requirements can be found on the Law, Arts, Humanities, Management and Social Sciences foundation year course page.
• Students will learn the specialised English language and study skills they need for an undergraduate degree programme
• Students study topics relevant to their chosen undergraduate degree
• Students only need to complete one application to the University, as the International Foundation Year allows for automatic progression to the chosen undergraduate degree
• Students will be granted a four year visa , to include the Foundation Year (1 year) and your undergraduate degree (3 years)
• Students are taught by supportive and friendly staff, including a personal academic adviser and the dedicated Foundation Year team
• Students will be eligible for University accommodation
• The Foundation Year award is recognised in other institutions
Pre –Sessional English Language Course
Students with an English Language level of IELTS 5.0 (with at least 5.0 in each skill) or equivalent can take the Foundation Pre Sessional Programme to improve their English language skills.
Got a question about the foundation year? We may have already answered it on our frequently asked questions page. If this doesn't answer your question, please fill in our form and a member of the team will be in touch shortly.