Places at Southampton are limited and competition is tough. But your chances of securing a place here will be improved if you make your application stand out from the competition. Here are some useful hints:
Make sure you reach the limit of your potential.
- Make sure you apply on time.
- Really think about your personal statement and include details about why you have chosen a particular programme, what skills you would bring and what makes you stand out from the crowd.
- Include any relevant work experience, career aspirations or personal interests that relate to the programme you want to study.
- Ask someone to check your personal statement to make sure there are no spelling or grammatical mistakes.
- Visit www.ucas.com for useful information and personal statement tips.
Advice on going to university
The University of Southampton’s Outreach and Partnership team organises a range of widening participation activities in partnership with local schools and colleges. These include aspiration- and awareness-raising events such as taster days and Easter/summer schools. Our students also undertake placements in local schools and colleges, as well as volunteer work in the community.