These guides provide access to material that will assist your transition to university study and allow you to make the most of the experience. They help develop the academic skills needed to be successful in lectures, seminars, research, essay writing and examinations.
Helping to bridge the gap between Further Education and university.
The guides provided below have been written exclusively for the Learn with US programme, which is designed to help students make the transition to Higher Education. They are free for you to use, copy and disseminate.
- Engaging your mind. An academic guide to lectures & seminars
- Picking your profile. An academic guide to learning styles
- Posing the question. An academic guide to planning essays
- Making the case. An academic guide to research
- Navigating the page. An academic guide to effective reading
- Acknowledging knowledge. An academic guide to referencing
- Hammering the prose. An academic guide to writing essays
- Getting your point across. An academic guide to giving presentations