As an institution in the top one per cent of world universities (QS World University Ranking 2013-14) and a leading research-intensive university, we aim for excellence in all of our endeavours. We attract students of the highest calibre who will benefit from, and contribute to, the top-quality education on offer.
You don't need to apply separately for a scholarship.
Southampton Merit Scholarships - Students applying for 2015 entry
Our Southampton Merit Scholarships are worth £1000, and are awarded to the highest-achieving, first-year entry UK and EU students across the University (with the exception of Medicine and NHS-funded Health Science programmes). There is no need to apply and the criteria for the scholarship are as follows:
- You must exceed the grades contained within your offer.
- You must achieve a minimum of AAA or equivalent (for some subjects this may include your portfolio or audition).
- You must make University of Southampton your firm acceptance to be eligible.
- 'Your offer' will be the highest of any offers you are made, should you transfer to another course. In certain cases where a group of programmes share a first semester any scholarship will be based on the highest offer for that group of programmes.
You are eligible to be considered for a scholarship whether or not you are already receiving a University of Southampton bursary. Sum is payable at the end of the first term of study in year 1 only.
Some illustrative examples:
- University offers you AAA, you achieve AAA = £0
- University offers you AAB, you achieve AAA = £1,000
- University offers you AAA, you achieve A*AA = £1,000