The University of Southampton is part of a consortium of UK universities that is working in partnership with Colciencias, the Colombian body for science, innovation and technology, to support Columbian students to study in the UK for a research degree.
About Colciencias scholarships
The partnership with Colciencias offers:
- a limited number of £5,000 tuition fee scholarships for new PhD students selected by Colciencias. These will be for each year for up to three years of full-time registration
- an unlimited number of PhD scholarships, each worth 15 per cent of tuition fees per year, for each year of full-time registration, including bench fees where applicable, for all other candidates selected by Colciencias
- up to six weeks of English language training for PhD students who need to improve their English language skills in order to meet the entry requirement for their programme of study
Priority areas are:
- social sciences and humanities, with an explicit focus on pressing social and cultural issues, such as conflict resolution, urban conservation and human rights
- biodiversity, climate change, biotechnology, natural products and sustainability
- medicine, life sciences and health
The consortium working with Colciencias includes the University of Southampton, Brunel University, the University of Leicester and Swansea University.
Applying for Colciencias funding
We will publish information about the next call for scholarships on this page as soon as it becomes available, or you can visit the Colciencias website for the latest information.