CONACYT (Consejo Nacional de Ciencia y Tecnología) offers full scholarships to Mexican students wishing to study on postgraduate programmes in a broad range of subject areas. Our co-funding partnership with CONACYT means we can offer CONACYT scholars a 25 per cent tuition fee discount.
About the CONACYT scholarship
- You can apply for a CONACYT scholarship for most subjects except arts and business.
- The scholarship is for masters or PhD level study.
- It covers tuition fees and living costs.
- You will not have to pay the money back to CONACYT, however you will be required to return to work in Mexico after your period of study in the UK.
- You will automatically receive the 25 per cent discount on your tuition fees, however if you hold more than one loan or scholarship from Mexican sponsors you will only be entitled to one tuition fee scholarship from the International Office, at the highest applicable rate.
For more information please visit the CONACYT website.
How to apply
- You will need to have an offer to study at the University of Southampton (or another UK university that has an agreement with CONACYT) before you can apply for a CONACYT scholarship.
- To apply for your postgraduate place at Southampton, submit a formal application and supporting documentation, including an English language test certificate. If your application is successful, you will either receive a conditional or unconditional offer. Your offer will be conditional until you meet all of the University's requirements. All CONACYT applicants must have satisfied the University's academic requirements.
- When you have received your offer, you can apply directly to CONACYT via the CONACYT website.
- CONACYT awards scholarships on merit and the ‘promedio’ required by applicants is 8.0.
Visit the CONACYT website for more details about the programme.
Our staff regularly visit many countries worldwide. To meet one of our representatives in your country, see our current schedule of events or contact us directly at email@example.com