Assessent criteria guidance
While not binding, here are some possible assessment criteria you may want to consider in preparing and delivering your workshop.
Assessed takes place on the announcment, delivery of presentation and teaching session in workshop, responses to questions, teaching materials, online presentation.
- How well was the topic understood?
- Applications of the tool? Context?
- Links to previous topics?
- Cost / security / ethics implications?
- Set up of software (virtual machine)?
- Choice of teaching material
- Clarity for student
- Appropriate level
- Suitable exercises both in difficulty and duration
- Quality of exercises
- Presentation of material
- Presentation style
- Pace & Timing
- Engagement of students and receiption (i.e. pitched at the right level of difficulty)
- Handling of questions
- Value of materials without workshop attendance - i.e. is the set of materials self explaining.
- Completeness & Conciseness
- Blog entry part 1 to be done in advance, including (pointer to) any necessary setup instructions
- Blog entry part 2 to be done after workshop, to pointer to online teaching materials, summary and some reflection if appropriate.
- Management of overall project (deadlines, efficiency)
- Announcement of workshop
- Uniformity of materials, inline with NGCM and Southampton brand
- Reflective evaluation