Re: PDF vs Markup Languages

From: Selmer Bringsjord <brings_at_RPI.EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 11:24:25 -0400

re. Tex and vs. pdf, etc.: All the documents on my web site are rooted in
Tex. This allows instant conversion to dvi, ps, pdf, txt, etc., and as
Ingmar points out, portability is just about perfect, including equations
and figures (in ps or Tex). I cannot be alone in being driven near-crazy
by files in idiosyncratic formats. I would like to see Tex become the
standard for this paperless, on-line future. Nothing else makes sense to
me. Chrs, //SCB

   Selmer Bringsjord * selmer_at_rpi.edu * Professor
     Director, Minds & Machines Lab & Program
     Dept. of Philosophy, Psychology & Cognitive Science
     Department of Computer Science
                   http://www.rpi.edu/~brings
   Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Troy New York 12180