Re: The True Cost of the Essentials (Implementing Peer Review)

From: Dee Wood <dwood_at_SALIXEDU.DEMON.CO.UK>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 1999 09:12:59 +0100

I have been very interested in the recent exchanges about reducing the
cost of peer review. You may like to know that a group of publishers in
the UK are also working on this. Using the traditional methods as a
starting point, we have been using a combination of the Web and PDF for
peer review. Our initial trials have received a high level of support
from authors and referees alike. Editorial staff have also been
enthusiastic. Please see www.espere.org for further details.

Dee
--
Dee Wood, ESPERE Project Manager
ESPERE is a project lead by the Society for Endocrinology and the University of