Re: BioMed Central and new publishing models

From: Undetermined origin c/o LISTSERV administrator <owner-LISTSERV_at_LISTSERVER.SIGMAXI.ORG>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:19:40 -0500

Hmmm. Rereading it now (really reading it for the first time) I was
obviously confused in my previous comment. Looks like somebody is trying
to take advantage of the name recognition the original "E-Biomed"
proprosal and the resulting "PubMed Central" repository attracted by
blending the names and attaching it to something different. If it's free
it's probably in the standard internet ".com" model, supported by
advertising. Ordinarily competition is a good thing, but this seems kind
of sneaky...

                        Arthur Smith (apsmith_at_aps.org)