Re: Rename Forum: Author Auto-Archiving Forum

From: Marvin <physchem_at_EARTHLINK.NET>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2000 11:26:17 -0500

I don't want my suggestion to be interpreted as impugning anyone's
character, but I do have a problem with the way the job has been done. The
Moderator and I don't see eye-to-eye, which is OK by me. However, whenever
I have posted, he has immediately posted his (usually strong) response,
which makes it harder for readers to form independent opinions. I've stayed
on nevertheless, but I can't help noticing that others who used to disagree
with the Moderator seem to have dropped out. That can hardly be good for a
fruitful discussion.

I'm not opposed to change for opposition's sake. I'm opposed to headlong
change that may cause irreparable damage to a generally useful means of
publication. That is why I've advocated that there should be a variety of
experiments, each of which takes into account the differences in how various
fields of inquiry operate. A one-size-fits-all solution to the inadequacies
of one or more specialties can't be the answer.