Re: ACS meeting comments on e-prints

From: Thomas J. Walker <tjw_at_GNV.IFAS.UFL.EDU>
Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 12:35:18 -0400

It is relevant that Chris Leonard, the author of the ChemWeb piece on the
ACS e-pub session, is Project Manager at Elsevier Science in Amsterdam.

Tom Walker

At 10:40 AM 4/4/00 -0400, Steve Heller wrote:
>At the ACS meeting last week theer were some interesting comments on the
>many activities discussed in this forum. A write up on this is available
>at:
>
>http://chemweb.com/alchem/2000/news/nw_000331_publish.html
>
>The opening paragraph says:
>
>The message from scientific publishers was clear. Government
>intervention in the field of journals and databases is not only
>unwelcome, but possibly unconstitutional too. This was one of
>many fascinating topics discussed as part of the popular CIN
>session at the ACS Spring Meeting in San Francisco this week.
>
>Steve Heller
>

>Stephen R. Heller, Ph. D.
>Guest Researcher
>NIST/SRD, Mail Stop: 820/113
>100 Bureau Drive
>820 Diamond Avenue, Room 101
>Gaithersburg, MD 20899-2310 USA
>Phone: 301-975-3338 FAX: 301-926-0416
>E-mail: steve_at_hellers.com
>WWW: www.hellers.com/~steve
>As a member of the Organizing Committee, I invite you to attend
>Chemistry & the Internet - ChemInt2000; September 23-26, 2000;
>Washington, DC.
>http://www.chemint.org

Thomas J. Walker
Department of Entomology & Nematology
University of Florida, PO Box 110620, Gainesville, FL 32611-0620
E-mail: tjw_at_gnv.ifas.ufl.edu FAX: (352)392-0190
Web: http://csssrvr.entnem.ufl.edu/~walker/tjwbib/walker.htm