Re: EPRINTS = PREPRINTS (unrefereed) + POSTPRINTS (refereed)

From: Steve Hitchcock <sh94r_at_ECS.SOTON.AC.UK>
Date: Mon, 15 May 2000 00:43:33 +0100

Paul Ginsparg defined an eprint as "something self-archived by the author".
Isn't that the clearest distinction, and an obvious one for this forum to
draw? OAi is predicated on this definition, and it draws a very clear line
between the two main types of archive - LANL, and the emerging PubMed
Central model - that are available today.

Steve