Re: Etymology of "Eprint"

From: J.W.T.Smith <J.W.T.Smith_at_ukc.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2000 14:09:48 +0100

Fytton,

I stand corrected in the light of your more detailed knowledge. It appears
from your description that 'pre-prints' were not printed. Neither were
they advanced copies of material to be printed (in their current form at
least).

In summary - pre-prints were neither 'prints' nor 'pre'.

No wonder I was confused :-) .

Regards,

John Smith,
University of Kent at Canterbury, UK.