Re: problem of the Ginsparg Archive as self-archiving model

From: David Goodman <dgoodman_at_PHOENIX.PRINCETON.EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2000 13:37:21 -0400

High public use has always been true in the biomedical sciences, and I'm
glad to have it confirmed by a colleague from the physical sciences.

The percentage of the general public with scientific literacy may be
tragically low, but the absolute numbers aren't-- I suspect they may be
more than the professionals.

One of the problems of the web in biomedicine has been the extremely large
amount of erroneous material out there, and anything we can do for the
wider and easier dissemination of real research will be of
immediate public benefit in the most direct possible way.

 David Goodman, Princeton University Biology Library
dgoodman_at_princeton.edu 609-258-3235