Re: Financial Times Article on Self-Archiving: 23 July 2001

From: George Lundberg <GLundberg_at_MEDSCAPEINC.COM>
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2001 09:31:22 -0400

Stevan
if the "function of self-archiving" is so easily misunderstood by me,
perhaps some others will also misunderstand and believe that what they are
reading purports to be valid, even if self-published--excuse
me--self-archived. I am not alone in the view that widespread electronic
distribution of information by whomever is, in fact, a form of publishing.
I suppose due process for the reader of such material might consist of large
red labelled flashing warnings as a legal disclaimer about the absence of
any form of validation of the content so as not to mislead or misrepresent?
george lundberg