Re: Ingenta to offer OAI eprint service

From: Subbiah Arunachalam <subbiah_a_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 12:58:55 +0100

Dear Stevan:

I hear that Eprints has entered into an agreement with Ingenta and that
future versions of Eprints software may not be free. Is it true? Is this
an admission that the Open access movement is losing momentum and even the
greatest of its champions is entering into an agreement with a commercial
firm to ensure the survival of the movement? Please enlighten me.

A few weeks ago I saw a news item which stated that several leaders
of the Open access movement were inducted into the Advisory Board of
Ingenta. The list included Odlyzko!

Regards.

Arun