Wissenschaft im Cyberspace

From: Stevan Harnad <harnad_at_ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 12:32:30 +0100

On Tue, 6 Aug 2002, Max Rauner wrote:

> Dear Prof. Harnad,
>
> I have writen an article for Neue Zurcher Zeitung on the future of
> scientific publishing which might interest you:
> http://www.nzz.ch/2002/08/02/em/page-article88LHN.html I have cited a few
> people from your forum, including you.
>
> I just realized that I have written Steven instead of Stevan. Please accept
> my apologies for this error.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Dr. Max Rauner
> freelance science journalist
> max.rauner_at_t-online.de

Dear Dr. Rauner,

Thank you for drawing my attention to your interesting article (which,
as it happens, I had already seen, as it was drawn to my attention by
Peter Suber).

Actually, in the scheme of things, if I had had a chance to give some
advance feedback on the draft of your article, sooner than worrying about
the misspelling of my name I would have suggested reading the numbered
prima facie replies to the familiar prima facie worries that I have
collected on the Self-Archiving FAQ page, several of which familiar
worries you unfortunately raise, without apparent awareness of the
replies, in your otherwise fine article:

http://www.eprints.org/self-faq/#1.Preservation
http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~harnad/Tp/resolution.htm#8

Stevan Harnad