Re: ALPSP Workshop on Open Access Journals, 13 September

From: Michael Jost <jo_at_zblmath.FIZ-Karlsruhe.DE>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:07:44 +0100

Hi,

I saw this on September 1998 American Scientist Forum:

Stevan Harnad wrote:

> On Tue, 10 Sep 2002, Leslie Carr wrote:
>
> > I'm speaking at an ALPSP workshop on Thursday about "Open Access Journals"
> > ie why OA is good for scholars. I can recount the usual blurb on OA, but
> > I'm probably a little inexperienced on talking about OA journals. Do you
> > have some slides/articles from which I can steal some erudite and pertinent
> > points?
>
> Hi Les,
>
> There are two open-access strategies, BOAI-1 (self-archiving) and BOAI-2
> (open-access journals).
> [...]

You may want to see also

Bernd Wegner, Michael Jost, "EMIS 2001 - A Portal to Mathematics in Progress",
High Energy Physics Libraries Webzine, issue 6, March 2002

The article describes "The European Mathematical Information Service (EMIS)",
the information server network of the European Mathematical Society.
It is based on the voluntary support of several partners from all over the world.
The article gives an overview of concepts behind the service, and its main
components: The Electronic Library, the collection of databases, and ongoing projects.

Especially the "Electronic Library" section might be of interest.

Best regards,
 - Michael

--
Michael Jost